[mythtv-users] What Tuner Did a Recording Come From?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Sep 10 23:19:13 UTC 2011

On 09/10/2011 05:54 PM, Alex Butcher wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 09/09/2011 08:21 PM, Charles Wright wrote:
>>> Is there an easy way to tel with Mythweb or the Watch recordings
>>> screen which tuner a recording came from?
>> No, the information isn't stored since the definition of "which tuner"
>> can change as frequently as every reboot.
>>
>> The log files have information showing which tuner recorded which.
>> There's also the ugly hack at
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Which_recorder.pl , which will parse the
>> information out of the log files.
> Your script doesn't find anything in my log files, because there are no
> lines containing "Started recording".
>
> I'm running 0.24-fixes from 12 Feb 2011, and the backend is running with "-v
> important,record,channel,siparser". Is it dependent upon a particular
> version of MythTV, or a particular verbosity setting?

It's logged at the default verbosity level (which contains important and
general--this message is, specifically, in the general messages).

I updated the script to make it a bit better with 0.24 version output.

I also updated the page with better (correct :) instructions.  Note that
all the information is in the master backend log file, so just run it
against that one--regardless of how many remote backends you have.

So, download the new copy and try again.

Thanks,
Mike