[mythtv-users] What Tuner Did a Recording Come From?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Sep 10 09:28:39 UTC 2011

On 10/09/11 02:55, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/09/2011 08:21 PM, Charles Wright wrote:
>> Is there an easy way to tel with Mythweb or the Watch recordings
>> screen which tuner a recording came from?
>
> No, the information isn't stored since the definition of "which tuner"
> can change as frequently as every reboot.
>
> The log files have information showing which tuner recorded which.
> There's also the ugly hack at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Which_recorder.pl , which will parse the
> information out of the log files.

I know you keep saying this, but it would really be helpful to keep this
information in the database.

Saying the info may change with each reboot is a red herring, since (i) if your
capture card arrangement is complex enough that the order of numbering matters,
you would have set up udev rules to enforce consistency and (ii) once most
backends are set up and working they don't get booted that often, if at all.

A single column with the tuner number in is all we ask, to assist with locating
errors. We're quite aware that old info of this sort will be less useful any
time tuners get reorganized, but it can still have historical significance.

--

Mike Perkins