[mythtv-users] hd-pvr colossus drivers?

Erik Jensen eriksjunk at laurelwoodart.com
Sat Sep 10 02:31:15 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:50 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Last I heard from well-placed sources, there was no progress on
> drivers, and little chance of there being any due to it being a
> completely different chip vendor from the external HD-PVR, and that
> vendor having no desire to support Linux development.
>
> Robert

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to reverse engineer the card by
putting the card in a Linux system with an IOMMU, attaching it to a
Windows VM, and monitoring communication with the card in some way?
Perhaps using the kernel's memory-mapped I/O tracing functionality?

Thanks,
Erik