[mythtv-users] Recording multiple shows on one tuner

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Sep 9 21:44:25 UTC 2011

On Fri, 09 Sep 2011 15:01:54 -0600, Stephen Atkins
<satkins at inetdesign.org> wrote:
> Hello everyone.  I have a HVR-1600 and it works great for both ATSC and
> NTSC.  With the fall schedule starting soon I just have one question.
> To get this card to record 1 ATSC and 1 NTSC at the same time do I have
> to have two input groups or can I just stay with the "generic"?  I've
> done some reading on this but I'm not sure what exactly I need to do.

Input groups are only supposed to be used for mutually exclusive hardware.
Things like hybrid tuners that appear as both analog and digital, or a
cable box you are using for both analog and firewire capture.  The HVR-1600
is a dual tuner.  The two inputs are completely independent.  Don't touch
input groups at all, leave them at their defaults, and it will behave as
you expect it to.

If you have fiddled with input groups, delete the tuners, add them back,
and re-attach them to the proper video source.  It shouldn't take more than
about three minutes.