[mythtv-users] Recording multiple shows on one tuner

Chris Porter hoodlum7 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 21:39:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Stephen Atkins <satkins at inetdesign.org>wrote:

> Hello everyone.  I have a HVR-1600 and it works great for both ATSC and
> NTSC.  With the fall schedule starting soon I just have one question.
> To get this card to record 1 ATSC and 1 NTSC at the same time do I have
> to have two input groups or can I just stay with the "generic"?  I've
> done some reading on this but I'm not sure what exactly I need to do.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Stephen Atkins
> VE6CPU/VE6CIC

You configure the ATSC part of the card as a DVB device and then configure
the analog or NTSC part of the card as an IVTV device in myth.

The ATSC will show up as something like /dev/dbd/adapter0/frontend0 and the
NTSC will show up as /dev/video(some number 0 if you only have one)

--
Working on World Domination since 2001