[mythtv-users] scheduler settling with conflicts where they are resolvable

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Sep 9 18:25:51 UTC 2011

On 11-09-09 12:12 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> FWIW, it looks like your input connections configuration may be broken,

I did just redo them not that long ago do deal with another issue.  But
scheduling and recording has been working since then.  Until yesterday.

> based on the non-use of what I would guess (but can't say for sure since
> you didn't provide a before/after fixing it --printsched and information
> on your card and input configuration) are the IDs of virtual tuners on
> what should be your most-preferred card.

What is really strange is that without my doing anything between
yesterday and today the scheduler is now using the additional idle
tuners that it was not using yesterday.  That it's using them today and
wasn't yesterday, without any intervening mucking with any config at all
smells kind of fishy, yes?

> You didn't do any "break my configuration by making Live TV higher
> priority than recordings" type configuration,

Not the the best of my knowledge.

> did you (by adding extra
> virtual tuners for Live TV after initial configuration), did you?

Nope.  In my recent tuner reconfig I just added my digital tuner first
and then my two analog tuners and since then all have been getting used,
with the digital tuner being used the most of course, being added first,
which was the goal.

> You didn't put any priorities on any inputs or channels, did you?

Nope.  I've always been advised not to.

b.