[mythtv-users] What is everyone using for IR Receivers ?

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Fri Sep 9 14:01:31 UTC 2011

In article <CADvQU8CjiKvkDRnzzQB9tZjw-
xM5Y36V9GDeo3avKTz71R90rQ at mail.gmail.com>, Ronald Frazier wrote:
> Second, the IR receiver only works with MCE remotes. Most of the
> remotes I own won't work with it.

I have an iMon Insider and my learning remotes refused to learn the
code. I finally discovered that it uses an odd 32-bit encoding that's
totally non standard and very sensitive to timing.

I ended up writing a slew of Python to generate the on/off pulse
timings and shoving these directly into the config files for my remote.
Different instances of the same remote needed different timings!

Yak.

Ian