[mythtv-users] scheduler settling with conflicts where they are resolvable

blind_Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 03:44:34 UTC 2011

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, John Werner wrote:
> I've seen this before and tried to blame the scheduler.  After a bit of a fuss, I
> finally found the real issue.  There were overlaps in the recording.  Usually the overlap was < 1 minute, but there were really overlaps.  If you have 2 recordings and there is an overlap of any amount, you will need two cards (not one) to record them both.
[snip]

If you configure things so that new rules have a small negative hard
lead in and lead out times AND larger positive soft lead in and lead
out times this problem can be reduced.

Also, I have seen some odd scheduling problems that have been resolved by
clicking on a desired program and selecting record this timeslot - only to
have MythTV think about it for a while and then de-select a program that
obviously was possible.  Maybe the EPG changed while I wasn't looking.  :-(

blind Pete