[mythtv-users] scheduler settling with conflicts where they are resolvable

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Sep 8 21:00:01 UTC 2011

On 11-09-08 04:52 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> What he said applies to (was meant to refer to?) recording rules, too.

Sure, but I don't think it changes the fact that the scheduler gave up
too soon.  Ultimately it gave up when there were still conflicts that
could be resolved by either changing recording channels or scheduling on
additional tuners.  Neither was done.

In fact I still have conflicts in my current schedule which could be
resolved simply by scheduling on additional tuners but the scheduler
just isn't doing it.  It's leaving tuners idle at times when there are
conflicts.  It does see those additional tuners since it's scheduled
other programs at other times on them.

FWIW, I don't think any of my recording rules (or channels for that
matter) have non-default preferences.  I always have enough tuners to
record everything I want so I don't need to set preferences.

b.