[mythtv-users] Replacing mythtranscode command with a custom script
raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Sep 8 04:18:24 UTC 2011
On 9/7/2011 23:44, Ronald Frazier wrote:
>> Does anyone have experience doing this successfully?
>> I changed the command on mine to run a custom transcoding script based on
>> the 'transcode wrapper stub' from the wiki. When this runs it spits out an
>> error in the log files:
>> 2011-09-05 17:07:53.291 transcode: Transcode Errored: "Between the Lions":
>> Autodetect (exit status 0, job status was "Starting")
>> The script however seems to have worked correctly. Does anyone know what
>> may be causing this error?
> Although I haven't actually used it in quite a while, I did setup a
> custom transcoding script under mythtv 0.22. As I recall, the problem
> is that the transcoding job is responsible for updating the job status
> information in the database.
Funky. Correct, but funky.
> I also don't know if there is a better, more official way to do it,
> but this has worked fine for me in the past.
The Job class in the Python bindings provides cleaner access to these
database attributes. It does the same thing, but the SQL is
automatically generated by changes made to the Job object, and it uses a
persistent connect to the database rather than opening a new one for
each command. I've updated the stub on the wiki to perform the
More information about the mythtv-users