[mythtv-users] Looking for DVB-C card with CI support

Roger Mårtensson roger.martensson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 16:51:53 UTC 2011

Hi!

The place where I live is changing cable operator and now to actually be
able to see most of my channels I need a box.

Most boxes here in sweden does not offer HD-output that is easy to
record. So HD-PVR is no option. :(

So I'm looking for a DVB-C PCI card or USB-device that has full support
for CI(conax) that works with Linux and ofcourse MythTV(my HTPC-box
since 0.19). Ohyes.. It has to support HD recordings too. If there is a
difference. I know we have to use DVB-T2 here in sweden for HD-channels
on-the-air. I see there are cards with HD in their name but still says
it's DVB-C.

Anyone having any luck with these?

The card should be able to buy too. A 5 year old card that works but not
sold is not that good.