[mythtv-users] Seek(550978166583626, SEEK_SET) Failed, eno: Invalid argument (22)

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Sep 7 14:46:25 UTC 2011

On 9/7/2011 06:17, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On pretty current (within the last few days) master, I imported a
> (Matroska container with a V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC video and A_AC3 audio) video
> file into my myth database but forgot to do a seek table [re]build on it
> (i.e. with mythcommflag --rebuild --file ...).

MythTV does not need seektables.  It merely helps make quicker seeks if
they exist, and then they are really only intended for MPEG and
Nuppelvideo files.  This may no longer be the case but at least in the
past, storing a seektable for a matroska file was known to cause problems.

> FileRingBuf(/video/mythtv/2864_20110523213100.mpg):
> Seek(550978166583626, SEEK_SET) Failed
> 			eno: Invalid argument (22)

You're trying to seek to 550TB into the file.  I think the bigger
question is why the seek strategy got the position guess so wrong,
rather than coming up with ways to build the seektable automatically.