[mythtv-users] How to make "Record this program in This Timeslot every ..." more tolerant to late arrival EPG changes ? (Ronald Frazier)

Bart Delva bart.delva at labolamot.be
Wed Sep 7 07:43:02 UTC 2011

*

>From your description, it sounds to me like the only way it's going to
> work is to make a custom rule. If you use the frontend to create a
> custom recording rule, the examples you need are there. I built the
> following query from the exact-title and only-during-primetime
> examples:
>
> program.title = 'Nova' AND HOUR(program.starttime) >= 19
> AND HOUR(program.starttime) < 23
>
>---
>Ron Frazier*

Ron, this exaclty solved my problem and made me discover the Power Search !!

However in terms of usablity and WAF I would still love a "out of the box"
recording rule that allows to make the this timeslot recording option more
tolerant. Basically I will never use the this timeslot recording rule since
it will never give a 100% certainty that my recording will happen !!

Thanks.

Bart.