[mythtv-users] 5.1 Card with *Coax* SP/DIFF Output?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 06:14:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Lindsay Mathieson
<lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 September 2011 22:55, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What kind of motherboard are you using? It's possible that if you
>> don't have it available in the back panel there could be a pin header
>> for it on the mainboard.
>
> A Asus M2N-VM-DVI, which has the pins for SP/DIF output on the board,
> however unfortunately the adapter is just not available in Australia.

You want coax, I would think a MB header and a RCA socket with a chunk
for wire between will fix that! you could mount the rca socket on an
old backplane thingy (which will block a pci slot) or just drill a
hole and mount it on the outside of the case.

In fact http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=997533