[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime out for delivery - Any issues installing?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Sep 6 17:58:54 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> That said, you probably won't want to use your firewire lineup, as
> remember 5C protection and CCI flags do *not* have a direct
> relationship with one another,

Sort of.  I've never personally been able to get firewire capture to
work on a channel that didn't also have CCI = 0x0, either with Comcast
or Verizon.  (And my understanding is that having CCI = 0x0 is
distinct from having no CCI set on the channel.)  In actual practice,
what works with firewire might be identical to what works with a cable
card tuner.

> There's really no penalty in having a different lineup for both
> devices.

The only penalty I can think of is just having a bit more to manage
and making the mythweb channel editor page even more unwieldy.

Eric