[mythtv-users] UK users - more Freeview services becoming available

Robert Longbottom rongblor at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 6 16:58:35 UTC 2011

On 6 Sep 2011, at 04:29 PM, Tim Draper <veehexx at gmail.com> wrote:

> we need better and more reliable DSL for this to work. another forum im on is discussing a similar thing (well, general dsl reliability) and i brought up internet TV. i hate the idea of IPTV. i only get 5meg dsl (limited by exchange distance), so i doubt it'd be able to handle broadcast video along with general internet browsing.

Wow!  You get 5meg.  I've just moved to a village ( only about 3 miles outside of the nearest big town ) and now I only get 2meg :(

I'm with you on hating the idea of iptv until connections to the home are at least reliably 10 meg or more. Plus the quality of the iplayer stuff is still poor when compared with the likes of BBC hd and accelerated flash playback support still doesn't seem to be very well supported yet.

Robert.