[mythtv-users] How to make "Record this program in This Timeslot every ..." more tolerant to late arrival EPG changes ?

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Mon Sep 5 19:49:55 UTC 2011

Bart Delva wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am loving my recent MythTV install (Shuttle XS35GTV2 running MythBuntu
> 11.0.4, Mythtv =0.24.1 ).
>

> This install runs using 2 DVB-T tuners who also populate the EPG
> information by EIT. This all works fine.
>

> Apparantly in Belgium the main broadcaster is changing the EPG rather
> frequently during the day. If I make a schedule to record a daily show
> using the “in this timeslot” option for a show that starts at 6h30pm and
> it gets rescheduled to 6h31 the show does not get recorded at all…
>

> I was thinking to use the Find and record one showing of this title
> every day, but then it will only record the repeat episode which gets
> broadcasted around noon (yes they use same description and title) …
> Record at any time results in 4 recordings per day (they love repeating
> in Belgium)

(o) Find and record one showing of this title each day

and further down

Filter: New Episodes Only

Of course it only works if your EPG has repeats marked as repeats. If
not, you might want to use xmltv for getting your listing data from a
grabber. Don't know whether there is one available in Belgium.

HTH
Thomas