[mythtv-users] Dolby/DTS and Direct (Analog) input

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 11:08:15 UTC 2011

On 5 September 2011 18:41, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> coax and optical are both just different but compatible ways of
> shifting the digital data, so spdif coax and spdif optical are
> functionally equivalent.

Cool, I thought so.

> Nice 5.1 system isn't? I bought mine after reading an online review by
> a guy who said his stone deaf neighbour complained after he tested the
> system...

I'm really pleased with it, looks good and the difference in depth and
quality is extraodinary. It took a lot of tweaking, but I have auto
switching of inputs working well using a Harmony 600 remote, between
TV, MythBox and CD Player.

 Haven't dared turn it up to max yet :)

--
Lindsay