[mythtv-users] Commercial flagging not working after transcoding with a user job

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 02:48:53 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 12:22 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>wrote:

> On 9/3/2011 01:14, Jeremy Jones wrote:
> >
> > After re-looking at thwarting backend settings, I already have it set
> > to run transcoding jobs first. I checked the backend logs and the
> > commercial detection is running first anyway, so I assume that setting
> > just does not apply if you are transcoding with a user job.  Is that
> > correct?
> >

> That setting only functions with the specific commflag and transcode
> tasks.  If you want it to work with your custom transcoding task, you
> must replace the command for mythtranscode in mythtv-setup.

Ahh...  I see. Thanks Raymond.

I notice the command in setup for transcode is simply, "Mythtranscode".  Do
I need put my entire user job command there complete with the, " --chanid
%CHANID% --starttime %STARTTIME%" parameters that follow the command, or
will these be passed automatically, and only the script file path/name is
needed?

Also, as I stated in my original post, I used your, "Transcode wrapper stub"
from the wiki to build my script.  Can you tell me what the line,
"flush_commskip = True" Does?  Am I deleting the commercial flags with
this?  Would changing that to false fix my problem, or do I need to leave it
as true and swap the transcode command like you said above?

Thanks for the help:  Raymond and Mike.

Jeremy