[mythtv-users] Can't playback hdhomerun prime / wintv-dcr-2650 files in VLC 1.1.11 (windows)?

James virtue at rocketmonkeys.com
Thu Sep 1 19:25:12 UTC 2011

Actually, I was having trouble before getting mythfrontend for windows
to connect to my backend, it was having mysql login issues.  I had
changed the IP to 0.0.0.0 (vs. localhost) and changed the password,
but it didn't work.  Funny enough - I tried it again just now and it
works for some reason.

Mythfrontend on my windows box!!!  Yes!  I'd still like to figure out
vlc, since that's still useful for when I download programs to my
laptop and watch on the go.  Anyone know why these mpeg2 streams
wouldn't work with vlc?  I realize that's more of a VLC question, but
it seems specific to mythtv recordings so I figured I'd ask here
first.

Thanks.