[mythtv-users] Who has an amp supporting AAC bitstream (passthrough)

James Oltman cnlibmyth at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 13:45:33 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 1:29 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> well no one responded until you guys did.
>
> myth has everything in order to bitstream AAC, but not being able to
> help, and no response following my question, meant I gave up a long
> time ago in implementing that feature

I'd like to help any way that I can.  You have been so helpful in offering a
PPA and back porting useful features, I just want to give back.
 Unfortunately, the receiver hasn't shipped yet (will hopefully be here next
week).  But if you are still wanting to implement this feature (and our
schedules line up.  I'm in Central Illinois, USA), I'll be glad to help.
I've never compiled MythTV before, so that'd be a challenge in and of itself
for me.  Thanks again JYA for all that you do for us.  I don't think you
(and the devs of course) hear "thank you" nearly enough.

Jim