[mythtv-users] CBS sucks!

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Oct 31 22:09:34 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 04:33:58PM -0400, Scott and Nicole Harris wrote:

> >and accept the fact that TV should not rule our lives or level of happiness.
> >
> > Christian
>
> What an absolutely ridiculous statement.  What's next in your fantasy land, despite the moniker, Suvivor isn't real?

   The main problem here is the fact that this stuff isn't the usual shrink
wrapped content that fits nicely in a box. It's messy and it's live and it's
going on for real out there somewhere. It's not really TV, it's a real event
that just happens to be broadcast. Usually it follows it's own set of rules
that predate anything like TV and make it less likely to fit neatly in some
sort of box.

   Fits in well with the new streaming approach though.