[mythtv-users] CBS sucks!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Oct 31 18:23:48 UTC 2011

On 10/31/2011 08:26 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On 11-10-30 10:14 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> So you pad all recordings for that night, and then when you watch them,
>> you spend a minute or two in edit mode marking off the beginning and
>> ending of the show so all the rest is skipped.
> Of course, this only works so long as your recordings are all on CBS.
> But as soon as 21:00 rolls around and your tuner is scheduled to switch
> to another station (that did/does honour it's schedule) you lose the end
> of whatever is now running over the 21:00 mark.
>
> Yes, I could get more tuners, but really, I should not have to spend
> more money to do what I could do if CBS were to just manage their
> schedule better.

Translation:  "I should not have to spend more money to [play by their
rules, instead, they should spend more money to play by my rules]."  ???

One thing that GNU/Linux users should know by now, is that if you're
choosing to swim against the current, it requires more time/effort/money
than going with the flow (and playing by someone else's rules).  My $0.02.

Mike