[mythtv-users] CBS sucks!

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Oct 31 17:11:55 UTC 2011

On 11-10-31 01:03 PM, Mark Boyum wrote:
> They wouldn't be split between recordings if you have each recording
> sufficiently padded for the possible over run.  Assuming your tuners

And to back up one assumption level, you are assuming tuner*s*.  Sure, I
could go out and buy more tuners, but my point is that I shouldn't have to.

And anyway, now every program I record is twice as long as it should be
with all of the padding that's on every program.  Because as I've said
before, I don't want to have to analyze the entirely weekly schedule
every week to try to guess where an event is that might run over so that
I am only padding potential run-overs.

Yes, I am looking for the "best solution" not sufficient "work-arounds"
at the expense of more hardware layout (tuners and disk to accommodate
all of the padding).  Seems it would be just so much cheaper to find an
alternative, more reliable, "source" of recordings whatever that might
be.  Probably even get them entirely commercial free I would guess.

b.