[mythtv-users] CBS sucks!

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Oct 31 16:07:15 UTC 2011

On 11-10-31 11:54 AM, Roger H wrote:

> Updated EIT data could also be used when recording the game as you then
> know exactly how long to record.  Not such a big deal for football on CBS
> as you can probably guess how much to add to the end of the recording,

But I don't want to have to micro-manage my schedule, babysitting
recordings when sporting events are running over so that I can fix up
the start/end times of the rest of the evening.  I don't even know when
these sporting events are on.

> Interestingly, various Canadian networks rebraodcast those CBS games, but
> instead of delaying the rest of the days schedule, they "resume the
> previously scheduled program already in progress," showing the end of that
> program and then continuing on as originally scheduled.

Not around here they don't.  The whole evening's schedule for that
station is upset.

> Anoying for
> viewers of the next program but better for everyone else.

Indeed, that would be better.

How about, if football (or anything else that is supposedly
hand-over-fist lucrative) runs over, CBS forfeits commercials for the
rest of the night until their schedule is caught up?  That's only fair.
 If these events are so lucrative, surely they made more money running
commercials in that overrun time than the commercials they will forfeit.
 I won't hold my breath.

b.