[mythtv-users] CBS sucks!

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Oct 31 15:16:21 UTC 2011

On 11-10-31 10:53 AM, Travis Tabbal wrote:
> This scheduling crap has been an issue for years, ever since TiVo first
> popularized PVRs. The one minute early/late nonsense is a good example. The
> networks couldn't care less if you miss stuff for the reasons mentioned.
> They don't like DVRs and would likely throw a huge billion dollar party if
> they could kill them entirely. They care even less about anyone here,
> MythTV users, as we don't have restrictions on our PVRs the way users of
> commercial setups do. They can't even get the de-identified data TiVo gives
> out. Yes, it sucks, but there's not a single thing you can do to change
> their behavior. You are less than worthless to them.

Why does everyone think this is a DVR-only issue?  It's just a plain
watching issue.  Take the DVR out of the equation: I sit down to watch
60 Minutes when it's scheduled but is it on, no?  I have to watch the
end of some stupid football game in order to know when I can start
watching 60 Minutes.  Then the top of the next hour hits and I want to
watch something else on a different channel but now I have to choose to
either miss it('s beginning) or miss the end of 60 Minutes.

This running over BS is just as much of a PITA for the
non-DVR-using-live-tv-watching crowd as it is for the DVR using crowd.

b.