[mythtv-users] concatenating recordings?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sun Oct 30 23:46:36 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:
> OTOH, the FAQ mentions "MPEG-2 PS" -- is that not the same as what
> "file xxx.mpg" returns (xxx..mpg: MPEG sequence, v2, program
> multiplex)?

The type is going to depend on your recorder. For analog capture, I
believe they will generally (always?) be MPEG-PS. For digital capture,
I believe they will generally (always?) be MPEG-TS. The TS format is
designed to multiplex multiple programs into one stream, and is also
designed to be more tolerant of data loss.

--
Ron Frazier