[mythtv-users] concatenating recordings?

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 14:47:53 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Do you have avidemux available? (DISCLAIMER: I'm the Fedora maintainer
> >> via RPM Fusion)
> >>
> >> It makes it really easy. You can ether open the first video and append
> >> the rest, or if they're named appropriately (i.e. alphabetical order)
> >> you can open them from File->Open at the same time and it will auto
> >> append. Just make sure you set the Audio and Video options to Copy,
> >> unless you really want to convert it to something else.
> >>
> >> Richard
> >
> > I have it on a Windows box, and could get it for my Myth box, but
> > wouldn't this lead to Myth getting really confused?  Isn't there
> > metadata I need to deal with?
>
> Sorry, I missed that part. You want to keep it in your recordings...
> Hmm... I can't help you there.
>
> The only think I can think of is to do what I suggested and then put
> it back in your storage group under the same name as the original and
> then try a mpeg2->mpeg2 lossless transcode with reindexing and see if
> it properly updates the meta data. YMMV...
>
> Richard

Or, you could leave your original recordings alone and put the resulting
combined recording in your videos directory.  It would automatically get
added when you scanned.  You could edit the metadata manually to include
whatever you wanted if you planned to keep it (forever?).  Once you
determined that all was well, go back into your recordings and delete the
originals.

-- Ken E.