[mythtv-users] concatenating recordings?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 13:49:37 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 8:43 AM, Josh Rosenberg <mythtv at desh.info> wrote:
> I'd like to merge these recordings into one video file, still
> accessible to MythTV as a recording.  Is there any way to do that, and
> if so, how?  I'm new to manually mucking with recordings (I think I've
> found these, still in the livetv folder even though I've saved them),
> so any help would be much appreciated!

Do you have avidemux available? (DISCLAIMER: I'm the Fedora maintainer
via RPM Fusion)

It makes it really easy. You can ether open the first video and append
the rest, or if they're named appropriately (i.e. alphabetical order)
you can open them from File->Open at the same time and it will auto
append. Just make sure you set the Audio and Video options to Copy,
unless you really want to convert it to something else.

Richard