[mythtv-users] Mythbacked on ESXi 5.0

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Tue Oct 25 16:39:00 UTC 2011

On 10/25/2011 12:15, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]

No, but there are basic filesystem isolation tools like chroot, and more
advanced "para-virtualization" like VServers and OpenVZ that offer
memory and network isolation, without the overhead and complexity of a
full virtualized machine.

I will fully admit that VM vendors have spent gobs of time and money
developing tools to make it very simple to create new instances.
Meanwhile, most para-virtualization guides start with downloading and
extracting a base distribution archive, and proceeding manually from
there in.  I would love to see someone develop similar automated setup
and downloadable instances as you find for full VMs.