[mythtv-users] how to make 0.24 more like 0.21 ?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Oct 25 14:29:16 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 07:41:22AM -0400, Ronald Frazier wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 12:55 AM, Marco Nelissen
> <marco.nelissen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank you both for the patch, but I was kinda hoping not to have to build
> > and maintain custom versions of anything anymore. For now I'll just assign a
> > different button on the remote for this, and see if we can get used to it.
>
> Well, for what it's worth, Daniel K seems to have taken an interest in
> my patch, so I suspect he'll be working it into myth. This feature was
> removed because it was a hard coded behavior that doesn't make sense
> with certain themes. My patch is actually a fairly flexible way to
> allow the theme designer to have control over stuff like this, and it
> actually allowed restoring a couple of those old behaviors.

It's already benn commited.

commit 4f5c3e64a8aac39e65f76c844f31f3390233e7e1
Author: Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net>
Date:   Tue Sep 27 10:25:45 2011 -0400

    Adds the ability to remap action bindings in button lists with patch from Ronald Frazier.

    While perhaps universally useful the real reason for this enhancement is to address the loss of arrow acceleration when we allowed themes to use horizontal layouts. To this end I've attempted to add the mappings where needed in MythCenter-wide. Please open tickets for any places I missed so they can be fixed.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net