[mythtv-users] How do you reliably provide HDHR dhcp?

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue Oct 25 13:01:03 UTC 2011

On 11-10-25 08:10 AM, Kris B. wrote:
>> I wrote a shell script to poll for the HDHRs before allowing mythbackend
>> to start up, avoiding the issue on my own system.
>> This is more of an issue on a fast-booting SSD-based backend
>> than on a typical slow mechanical boot machine.  :)
> If you wouldn't mind sharing the script, I would be grateful...

I only ever had a single (dual-tuner) HDHR,
so that's all that this script waits for.
But it could be modified easily to scan for more
than one -- if you need that functionality,
just reply here and I'll dig out the HDHR (retired)
and update the script.

That one is slightly different than the one I used to use here;
my full version also forced the 5-second firmware downloads
for HVR-950Q tuners while it was waiting for the HDHR,
so as to speed up overall start-up even more.  :)