[mythtv-users] How do you reliably provide HDHR dhcp?

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Mon Oct 24 20:57:14 UTC 2011

On Monday, October 24, 2011 1:50 PM, "John Finlay" <finlay at moeraki.com>
> Having just gone through an episode of power outage shortly after I left
> on a trip and having all recordings fail in the interim I'm wondering if
> someone else can suggest a better dhcp server scheme that will handle
> the power outage problem and ensure that the HDHR tuners will reliably
> get an IP address?
> John

Well, I run my origianl hdhr using the static ip plugged directly into a
nic card on my machine, so I don't have this issue, but a quick hack is
that you can force a reboot on the hdhr using the command-line utility,
so you can make a quick script to put on bootup, or a startup script, or
whatever you would like.

Or, if plugged directly into your machine like me, you don't have to use
dhcp at all.

  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com