[mythtv-users] Adding A Few Channels to HDHR Line-up

John Welch jrw3319 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 13:06:16 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 7:22 AM, Jim Morton <Jim at morton.hrcoxmail.com>wrote:

> On 10/22/2011 12:58 PM, John Welch wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Comcast in my area recently added a few channels that I am able to
> > tune with my HDHR (verified using the hdhomerun utilities from Silicon
> > Dust).  What is the best way to get these channels into MythTV?  It's
> > been a while since I've done any type of channel scans, but from past
> > experience I find that they work, but you have to be careful how you
> > use them.  These new channels are mostly borderline use channels for
> > me, so I'm a bit hesitant to do anything that might mess up my
> > existing channel line-ups which I have working to my satisfaction.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John
> If you are using Schedules Direct then you should be able to add the
> channels to your lineup on the SD site and then run mythfilldatabase
> with the grab-all option. I know when Dish added new channels a while
> back that was all I had to do.
This might add the channels to my MythTV lineup, but it won't properly
configure Myth so that the HDHR is able to tune it, will it?  Or am I not
aware of some "magic" that has been added to the MythTV in recent releases?
 Maybe I used the wrong terminology when I said I wanted to add channels to
the "line-up".  I need something that is going to add the multiplex,
frequency, etc. to the database.