[mythtv-users] Mythbacked on ESXi 5.0

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 02:53:05 UTC 2011

I tried a dev MythTV backend on my ESXi 3.5 server, but recordings (via
HDHomeRun) were pretty laggy and choppy. That being said, VMWare has come a
long way and I'm glad to hear of your progress - I plan on upgrading my home
network to ESXi 5 and it the performance is there, I'll P to V my master
backend.

FWIW and a bit OT IMHO (sorry), We have a pretty expansive VMWare
environment at work and a ton of applications nobody would have dreamed of
virtualizing five years ago are now virtual, including MS SQL and Exchange.