[mythtv-users] Adding A Few Channels to HDHR Line-up

bhaskins bhaskins at chartermi.net
Sat Oct 22 18:44:43 UTC 2011

On 10/22/2011 12:58 PM, John Welch wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Comcast in my area recently added a few channels that I am able to
> tune with my HDHR (verified using the hdhomerun utilities from Silicon
> Dust).  What is the best way to get these channels into MythTV?  It's
> been a while since I've done any type of channel scans, but from past
> experience I find that they work, but you have to be careful how you
> use them.  These new channels are mostly borderline use channels for
> me, so I'm a bit hesitant to do anything that might mess up my
> existing channel line-ups which I have working to my satisfaction.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Before you do, I suggest that you try those in the HDHR config GUI.
The cable company that I am stuck with with has made it so that all
of the "new channels" are only available from their cable box.
I imagine this will only get worse over time thanks to the diligence
of our congress!@#$%^&*.

That being said, I always seem to end up with a few missing channels
after a scan.
One of these is TBS. (???)
I have managed to do a wham-bam insertion of the missing channels using
a script that I got from this group which I don't happen to have it
handy at this time.