[mythtv-users] Audio Sync Issues with HD-PVR.

Jan Johansson j2 at mupp.net
Sat Oct 22 12:16:49 UTC 2011

>> We'll see what the next recording in HD gives me.
>
>I think the best course of action is to upgrade to the latest firmware
>(0x17) and see if it helps. You'll need to wait though because the hdpvr driver has invalid picture control settings that cause the 0x17 firmware to >produce a horrible picture. I'll soon be submitting an hdpvr patch to the linux-media mailing list that corrects the problem.
>We'll also be making changes to the mythtv code that will override the picture control defaults the driver reports so that users will not need to >worry about getting a patched driver.

A quick update here.

It is not the resolution changes. A recording from a non-commercial channel still has the same offset problem.

The issue seem to be if the recording has 2 or 6 channel sound. Two channel seem fine. Six channel seem to get the drift.

I guess I will have to wait until 0x17 can be used and check again :)