[mythtv-users] stagger start times for simultaneous recordings?

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Fri Oct 21 11:50:52 UTC 2011

On 21 Oct 2011, at 12:43, Mark Small wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Is there a way to stagger start times for simultaneous recordings?  I'm
> thinking of having one start 5 seconds earlier than the other.
>
> I've currently got a two tuner system (Single PVR-500) being fed through
> composite cables from digital cable boxes.  I have an MCE IR blaster setup,
> using two IR blasters plugged in to the MCE receiver.  I've found channels
> changes with this set up to be very reliable, much more so than the serial
> blasters that I used to use.
>
> However, I've recently started having problems with simultaneous channel
> changes.  It seems that if two channel changes happen at the same time, One
> will often fail.  Tuesdays at 9:00 PM ADT are particularly troublesome (NCIS).
>
> The motorola cable boxes can be a little troublesome, in that they have a
> short timeout between remote presses.  If I am changing to channel 26, and
> there is a too big a pause between the 2 and the 6, then I get to record
> channel 6 instead.
>
> So I'd really like to be able to stagger the starts by a few seconds so that
> one IR blaster can finish its channel change before the other one starts.  Is
> there a way to do this?

I used to have a similar sort of problem with the development driver for one of my satellite cards, I set different setup delays in the capture card configuration such that when two shows start simultaneously one tuner was set up 0.5s earlier than the other.

Maybe you could do something similar?

Andre