[mythtv-users] anyone else missing The X Factor: Judge's House No. 2 in their schedule?

Roger Horner roger1818 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 14:41:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>I find it is much easier just to run a mythfilldatabase cron job with --refresh-today prior to primetime (say 6pm) to pick up schedule changes.  I've even had it pick >up Presidential addresses that are scheduled during the day that the networks have added in the past.  It also doesn't have the effect of hammering the Schedules Direct system >updating all the data all the time or the potential side effect of having no data for a period while the update is run.

I was under the impression that  --dd-grab-all was actually lighter on TMS/Schedule Direct thanthe default behavior of getting data for today and +13 so I wouldn't think that your assumption that using --refresh-today at the same time every day "doesn't have the effect of hammering the Schedules Direct system" is correct.