[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime Scripting

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Tue Oct 18 16:08:54 UTC 2011

On 10/18/2011 8:54 AM, Ozzy Lash wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Kirk Bocek<t004 at kbocek.com>  wrote:

>>> While I understand Robert's concern, I think anyone using clear qam
>>> today is doing some sort of database manipulation to get the channels
>>> in the database.  I like his suggestion of trying to get what you are
>>> trying to do in mythtv itself, but I think there are some issues with
>>> that, since you are updating information for your clear qam sources
>>> with information from a cablecard source.
>>>
>>> I do think that you have a good script for maintaining clear qam
>>> channels.  I think it would be pretty easy to create something like
>>> scte65scan which would work using the hdhrcc to get an initial set of
>>> channels.  The process would be something like:
>>>
>>> 1. use hdhomerun_config to scan all the channels selecting any
>>> programs that aren't marked as encrypted.
>>> 2. tune to each of the non-encrypted channels using the frequency and
>>> programid from the initial scan, and get the vchannel, and other
>>> information (channel name, ...)
>>> 3. match the frequency up with the dtv_multiplex table
>>>

>>> I may be missing a few clear qam channels today that have crept in
>>> since my initial scte65scan.  My guess is, that they aren't channels
>>> that I care about, but there might be something there.
>>>
>>> Bill
>>
>> I think that's a good point, Bill. I was mulling over Robert's words but
>> couldn't quite pull it all together. Somehow I can't be the only one
>> having to muck about in the MySQL tables in order to get MythTV to work.
>> There's still a lot of manual maintenance work that needs to be done
>> here to keep MythTV working on a day-to-day basis.
>>
>> I'm going to charge ahead on put the dtv_multiplex code in my script,
>> thanks to your diving into scte65scan. I've got a simple method to test
>> it (and a back-out process too!) I'll ask you to help me test it in a
>> day or so.
>>
>> For new channels, you could use this script to add channels by manually
>> adding the new channel to the channel table but leaving a holder value
>> in mplexid and serviceid: anything other than zero. When you run my
>> script, those fields will get tuned with the proper values.
>>
>> But once again, we're in the same boat as my problem with dtv_multiplex
>> where there's a bunch of fields where I have no idea what they're for.
>> Is there a wiki page that explains the function of each of the fields?
>> How about some source code? I can RTFM. Really.
>

> Well, there is:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Dtv_multiplex_table
>
> and
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel
>
> But I'm not sure how much extra info this gives.
>
> Bill

Well... thanks. <redfaced> I am ashamed I didn't bother to search for
this first.

"I have no knowledge about what the fields mean or are used for with
satellite reception."

Does anyone, or is this a bunch of historical leftovers for forgotten
and unused tuners?

"For North American digital cable reception of non-encrypted channels
(whether Standard Definition or High Definition) using a pcHDTV HD3000
or similar, the only fields which need data are
sourceid,frequency,modulation and sistandard"

There's my answer. I think I'll throw this link into the comments.