[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime Scripting

Ozzy Lash ozzy.lash at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 21:07:10 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 1:07 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
> On 10/16/2011 10:12 PM, Ozzy Lash wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 11:31 PM, Ozzy Lash<ozzy.lash at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Kirk Bocek<t004 at kbocek.com>  wrote:
>>>> Here's my first shot at the script. I'm sending it to the list as an
>>>> attachment. Not sure if it's going to get scrubbed or not. Let me know
>>>> what
>>>> you think. I'd love some feedback.
>>> I tried it out, although I commented out the UPDATE to the database.
>>> (Good thing too, as I hadn't put the correct sourceid in, and it would
>>> have updated the wrong source). It might be good to put in a flag to
>>> turn off writing to the database.
>>> It also seems to me that you could get the channels from the database
>>> by using a "select channum from channel where sourceid=X" where X is
>>> the sourceid to be updated. (That is how I got my channel list).
>>> It did point up a few channels that I have wrong.  Some of them would
>>> be fixed by the update from the script.  I did find a few where I have
>>> multiple entries for the same channum which I need to fix.
>>> I'll play around with it some more, and see if I have any other
>>> suggestions.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Bill
>> Ok, one thing that I notice is that I have a few channels that are
>> available at 2 different virtual channels. I have them in my clear qam
>> lineups at one channel number, but it seems the one liste by
>> streaminfo is a different one.
>> It seems that the script doesn't deal with this too well (it seems to
>> take the highest programid and use that)
>> Here is a sample from doing this by hand:
>> lash at mythbackend:~/Downloads$ hdhomerun_config set
>> /tuner2/vchannel 223
>> lash at mythbackend:~/Downloads$ hdhomerun_config get
>> /tuner2/program
>> 3
>> lash at mythbackend:~/Downloads$ hdhomerun_config get
>> /tuner2/streaminfo
>> 1: 183 WCIU HD
>> 2: 184 WPWR HD
>> 3: 357 WWME-TV
>> 4: 360 U Too
>> 5: 358 Me Too
>> 6: 359 This TV
>> control
>> tsid=0x434
>> So it seems that channel 223 is marked as 357 (and,  if I look at my
>> lineup, they are the same channel) But if I look at the debug output
>> for your script I see:
>> Channel 223:
>> Freq is 711000000, mplexid 110
>> ProgID = 6, Call Sign This TV
>> For Source 1, mplexid is 110 ProgID is 3
>> Channel 223 updated to mplexid 110, service 6
>> I should move the channel, but I think the script should at least
>> throw a warning that it didn't find the channel number in the
>> streaminfo.
>> Bill
> First off, is it Bill or Ozzy?
> Next, I missed the use of /tuner2/program to directly get the program id
> number. My complex parsing of /tuner2/streaminfo is gone. This will avoid
> the issue you saw with multiple channels.
> I added a $writeswitch variable. You shouldn't trust me. No one should.
> I added more error checking and error messages.
> I *really* want to add the code to add missing frequencies to dtv_multiplex.
> If no one responds to my posts, I'm going to go ahead and put it in anyway.
> Let's assume the code you discovered in scte65scan is okay. There are
> actually a few more fields I see in my dtv_multiplex that are different from
> the defaults defined in the table. I'd really like to know if they are
> important.
> Let me know how this version works for you.
> Kirk Bocek

It's Bill.  Ozzy was my cat, and I use his e-mail address for mailing
lists.  Sorry for any confusion.

I'll give the new script a try later this evening.

I should probably change my channels to match the channels in the
streaminfo anyway.  I am sure that some day, they are going to put
something different on those channels.  I think some of my duplicate
channum  issues are probably due to that.

Thanks for working on this.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list