[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 11.10 Upgrade

Colin McGregor colin.mc151 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 17 18:22:16 UTC 2011

> From: colin.mc151 at hotmail.com
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:41:26 -0400
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 11.10 Upgrade
>

> Small note, Mythbuntu 11.10 is out and I am doing the upgrade on my two MythTV boxes (a living room backend/frontend box and a bedroom frontend only box). Bottom line, issues on boxes....
>
> On both boxes, issues getting X to start. After rebooting I can do a <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<F4> log in to a BASH prompt type "startx" and all is well there, but that is not being handled properly automatically.

Okay, a big thank you to user superm1 in the Ubuntu forums the way to

fix this part is to enter the following:

$ sudo su

# apt-get update

# apt-get upgrade

# apt-get remove unity-greeter

# apt-get install lightdm

# cd /etc/lightdm/

# mv lightdm.conf lightdm.conf.old

# pico lightdm.conf

In the lightdm.conf file put the following:

[SeatDefaults]

autologin-guest=false

autologin-user=<<your MythTV user ID, ie: superm1 or whatever>>

autologin-user-timeout=0

autologin-session=lightdm-autologin

user-session=mythbuntu

allow-guest=false

> On the frontend only box, there are audio issues (read, no audio) and image quality problems with HD recordings.

There are still audio issues on the frontend box...