[mythtv-users] Mythpreviewgen

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Sun Oct 16 17:00:07 UTC 2011

On 11-10-15 06:47 PM, Taylor Ralph wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 5:58 PM, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
>> On 11-10-14 07:20 PM, Taylor Ralph wrote:
>> ..
>>> One more thing to check is to make sure you are not running "VDPAU
>>> Advanced" playback profile since the ION can not handle Advanced 2X
>>> deinterlacing for HD material. You should run "VDPAU Normal".
>>
>> Original Ion will have difficulty with Advanced/2X,
>> but "Ion2" (with the 512MB dedicated video RAM) handles it fine.
>>

> That's not true for all cases. Totally depends on the video parameters.

It's not clear which half of my statement you were referring to there.
But assuming the latter half -- I've yet to find a video that mythtv
can play that does not play smoothly in Advanced/2X on my Ion2.

There are other parameters that it cannot handle, like hqscaling for example,
but Advanced/2X playback is very good on it.

cheers