[mythtv-users] Mythpreviewgen

Taylor Ralph taylor.ralph at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 12:35:41 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 7:10 AM, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/10/15 Taylor Ralph <taylor.ralph at gmail.com>:
>> If you are running ext4 on the backend you can try disabling barriers.
> Hello, I am using EXT3 on the system hard disk and XFS on the
> recording disk, I must check some here?

Those filesystem types are fine.

> The system disk is a 2.5 160GB, here is all the software and the mysql server.
>> On the the frontend I assume you are using VDPAU. In the case of VDPAU
>> you can provide more video buffers by setting vdpaubuffersize=32 in
>> the filter section of the video profile.  This will help the frontend
>> handle longer periods of no data transfer.
> I just configure the buffersize to 32, I have a laptop to run the
> frontend without VDPAU and there is too little playback stops.

If that doesn't help then remove the vdpaubuffersize option since it
will consume large amounts of video memory

>> One more thing to check is to make sure you are not running "VDPAU
>> Advanced" playback profile since the ION can not handle Advanced 2X
>> deinterlacing for HD material. You should run "VDPAU Normal".
> On the ION backen/frontend I have this configuration on VDPAU:
> VDPAU Slim:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/vdpau/vdpau1.png
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/vdpau/vdpau2.png
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/vdpau/vdpau3.png

You are using VDPAU Slim which should be fine.

>> And make sure you are running the very latest code since an audio fix
>> was recently committed that could trigger playback glitches.
> Which is the fix? I am using debian.multimedia repository package:
> http://debian-multimedia.org/dists/stable/main/binary-i386/package/mythtv.php

Your packages are for the 0.24.1 release (June 2011) and doesn't
contain anything committed since then. You need

which was committed on Oct. 5th.

I didn't realize you were playing back on a laptop. It's possible that
your CPU is throttling and possibly slowing down your IO/memory
performance. Could you try disabling anytype of CPU throttling and see
if that helps? Also, please provide the graphics chipset and video
memory you are using.