[mythtv-users] SD Channel Picked Over HD

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 17:48:26 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> Okay, maybe the error is between keyboard and chair. Not the first time.
> As a cron job, once a day at 10:00 AM I run:
>
> 0 10 * * * /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --remove-new-channels
>
> Should this instead read:
>
> 0 10 * * * /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --remove-new-channels --dd-grab-all

You shouldn't run it as a cronjob at all-- you should allow the
backend to spawn it, which allows Schedules Direct to communicate the
next run time to load balance (and in turn give you better
performance).  You can limit the window in which this occurs.  All
those settings are in the "General" section of mythtv-setup.

But yes, you would add those arguments to the "mythfilldatabase
arguments" field in mythtv-setup.

Robert