[mythtv-users] Secrets for low powered front ends ?

Tim Draper veehexx at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 10:59:12 UTC 2011

On 12 October 2011 11:23, Andy Burns <mythtv.lists at burns.me.uk> wrote:

> On 12 October 2011 10:51, Tim Draper <veehexx at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > what about the AMD Fusion, with nvidia GPU?
>
> That combination would seem a little perverse to me at the moment.
> Don't get me wrong though, I have an E350 netbook and love it.
>
> perverse, yes. but as a mid to longer term solution, the AMD Fusion should
have the AMD GPU hardware acceleration in myth0.25.
nvidia card for right now on 0.24.1 (stable), and then remove it once the
AMD acceleration has been put into the stable release.
the AMD Fusion certainly has more grunt than the atom's, but less than a
full-fat chip.

> also, when the onslaught of hardware video decoding on all gpu's now (ATI,
> > nvidia, intel), what would be the platform of choice with myth0.25
>
> At that point something like the Zotac  Zbox Nano could become an
> interesting frontend, bolted to the VESA mount behind the TV, perhaps
> with external USB VFD display nd USB optical drive?

plently of possible kit out there, and no doubt things will start picking up
for the ITX market now it can handle hardware accelerated video/flash which
would be perfect for alot of home users, and HTPC setups.