[mythtv-users] SD Channel Picked Over HD

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Oct 12 03:21:50 UTC 2011

Doing some test recordings of my newly configured HDHR Prime and I
discovered an odd behavior in Myth.

I picked a program in MythWeb listings screen and selected "Record Only
This Showing." This was on a channel that has both HD and SD versions,
in this case 730 for HD and 417 for SD. I had selected the HD listing
but Myth chose to record the SD channel when I really wanted the HD channel.

Should I put a +1 recording priority on all the HD channels? What
happens if I, for some reason, want the SD channel?