[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime Success & Question

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 23:46:56 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
> The biggest PITA with the ClearQAM channels is maintaining the virtual
> to physical channel maps. I have taught myself over the years how to
> manually manipulate dtv_multiplex and mplexid to maintain those
> mappings. Imagine my joyous surprise to see the new HDHR3-CC channel
> lineup with mplexids of 32767.
>
> So my question is, will the HDHR3-CC maintain those effing mappings for
> me? Looks that way to me.

There's no mapping to maintain, really.  The HDHR Prime tunes by
virtual channel number-- so the frequency, modulation, frequency
table, etc. is never even used by the application-- MythTV tunes the
virtual channel number, the Prime handles it all behind the scenes,
and streams data.  It's the Prime's job to maintain "what lives
where," the application needs only know the virtual channel... which
it gets from schedules direct, along with the XMLTVid, automatically.

No more mapping.

Robert