[mythtv-users] Playing DVDs from the backend optical drive on a frontend device ?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 22:35:48 UTC 2011

Hi

On Monday, 10 October 2011, linux guy <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:

> One can do the same thing with makeMKV, only you don't need to run Windows
on a VM.  Seems a lot cleaner to do it that way.

Decoding of the fly without making a big dump first?
I don't think so.

> This allows the users to experience popping a DVD in and being able to
immediately play it, even though its technically very different.  For one
thing, the file should probably be removed when they are done viewing if the
users only want a 1 watch situation.

You and I have a different concept on the word "immediately" if you have to
dump the entire disk..