[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase is REALLY slow.

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 19:31:55 UTC 2011

Hi tim,

I disagree with your analysis (sorry). It seems that due to safer defaults
ext4 is slower and returning to ext3 would be risky on power failure. The
appropriate response I believe is to use performance options (such as those
that I have implemented and wish confirmation that are safe) to recover the
performance lost with the additional data integrity measures.

Please excuse brevity and pistakes, this message was composed on an android

Best regards,
Richard Morton